Clarkophile 2008: The Year in Review



1. 'Kathleen' from Gypsy Angel

2. 'Silent Crusade' from Two Sides To Every Story

3. 'All I Want' from This Byrd Has Flown

4. 'She Don't Care About Time' from Turn! Turn! Turn! CD (1996 remaster)

5. 'The Daylight Line' from Silverado '75

6. 'Shooting Star' from Roadmaster

7. Introduction to Gene Clark Sings for You

8. 'Past My Door' from Gene Clark Sings for You [acetate]

9. 'Down on the Pier' from Gene Clark Sings for You [acetate]

10. 'Past Tense' from Gene Clark Sings for You [acetate]


Happy Holidays to everyone. Lots more to come in the New Year.
My sincere thanks to those who have provided support and encouragement throughout the year. My special thanks to those who took the time to leave a message.

Comments

Sha said…
Happy holidays to you, too! And thanks again for providing so much insight into Gene's songs. It's a pleasure to read your blog.
ge said…
Labours of love & devotion like yours are inscribed in the Book of Life!
The Clarkophile said…
Cheers, and all the best in the New Year!
ge said…
"My Marie": this one has been oozing into my consciousness as a Gene Love-Classic, although the 'Marie' is perhaps but a stranger seen in the 'underground' ie subway?
The Clarkophile said…
I adore 'My Marie.' One of Gene's finest love songs. Co-written with Pat Robinson, who told me when I interviewed him that "Marie" was based on a real person, or at least a composite of a real person.
The whole song unfolds like a film. A late-period masterpiece from Gene.
The Mountain Stage version is the definitive one, I think. So far, anyway...

This year I'm going to write on that one and 'Your Fire Burning,'
one of Gene's other late-period gems.

Popular Posts